Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Teacher Karla's Preparation

Have you ever wonder what the teachers are doing before the actual class discussion?

Check out my desktop:


1. Teacher Karla's Folder

It includes all my motivation or ice breaker pictures, videos or games. Such activities are essential to get the attention of the students. Kids have short attention span. Teachers always need to research about the interests of the kids and incorporate it in the lessons.

Last year, my students were very interested in the game Clash of Clans. So I tried to incorporate it in their exercises. The kids really loved it when I use their favorite game characters in our class room activities. 

Aside from using their interest, I also download videos of "Just Dance" or "Dance Central". I often ask them to dance when I feel that they are sleepy in the morning or in the afternoon.

Mind games like riddles are also effective to get the attention of the class. I usually use them to introduce a new topic. 

This year, as my preparation, I started downloading videos related to the stories in our new textbook. I also started making presentations (Powerpoint and Prezi). I really look forward to see the smiles of my new students. 





2. Lesson Plan Folder

It includes the yearly plan, monthly plan, and weekly plan.






Yes! Unlike other private schools, our school requires the teachers to submit semi-detailed lesson plans. This is to ensure that the teachers are really prepared when they teach the students.

In the lesson plan, I follow the four-pronged approach in teaching. Just like the standard format of lesson plan, it includes the objectives, subject matter, procedure, evaluation and assignment.

The Four-pronged approach includes:
1. Genuine Love for Reading
2. Critical Thinking
3. Mastery of the Structures of the (Filipino/English) Language
4. Transfer Stage

I usually start the week by reading some literature. I use the story as the springboard for the lessons in language. I really make sure that my students will develop their love for reading.

This year, I'll do my best to improve these skills:


 PS. I used these logos in my bulletin board. I hope my students will remember it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment